It is a common misconception that winter tyres are only necessary for roads that are regularly covered in snow and ice. It is important to note that winter tyres increase responsiveness in all kinds of winter conditions. On winter roads, summer tyres lose grip due to dedicated summer technologies and tread compound. Dunlop winter tyres have special blade technologies and tread compounds to provide better grip across all surfaces. Dunlop recommends switching from summer to winter tyres when the temperature falls to 7°C and under. Dunlop develops winter tyres specifically designed to cope with all winter weather conditions without compromising on comfort or performance.
WINTER SPORT 5
The Winter Sport 5 reaches exceptional grip capability across the various unforseen winter roads.
Features and benefits:
- Enhanced performance on snow-covered roads. Featuring an increased number of blocks, the Winter Sport 5 provides additional edges in contact with the road’s surface, awarding you superior traction and performance on snow.
- Supreme lateral grip on slippery surfaces. Angled center sipes, now parallel to block edges, increase in length and improve their ability to open and grab onto surfaces, ensuring excellent cornering grip on slippery surfaces.
- Aquaplaning defense. Deeper grooves in the tyre tread allow the Winter Sport 5 to evacuate larger quantities of water and slush, thus reducing the risk of aquaplaning.
- Fuel efficiency. With the unique Winter Sport 5 design, weight is optimally distributed throughout the tyre, resulting in a lower rolling resistance and giving you greater fuel efficiency.
WINTER RESPONSE 2
Features and benefits:
- Better grip on snow and ice in cornering. The angle arrangement of the sipe on the shoulders allows for better counterbalancing to the centrifugal force, resulting in better grip on snow and ice in cornering.
- EU tire labelling B grade in wet grip. Increased number of sipes allows for more biting edges on snow which delivers better wet braking and wet handling.
- Acceleration and braking on snow. The reverse positioning of the centerline block allows for capturing and keeping the snow, increasing the contact area in centerline, therefore more grip in circumferential direction.
- Fuel efficiency. The construction reduces deformation of the carcass, therefore improving the rolling resistance. Smooth upper sidewall and shoulder area allows for better air flow along the tire, reducing the air drag.